Code of Ethics
Being a globally oriented media service, Efflux Plus shall adopt the following code of ethics in pursuance of the vision and mission it has set for itself.
- Adhere to the radio frequency values of honesty, courage, fairness, balance, independence, credibility and diversity, giving no priority to commercial or political over professional consideration.
- Endeavour to get to the truth and courage and declare it in our dispatches, programmes and shows and listings unequivocally in a manner which leaves no doubt about its validity and accuracy.
- Treat our audiences with due respect and address every issue or story with due attention to present a clear, factual and accurate story and picture while giving full consideration to the feelings of our listeners, and to individual privacies and public decorum.
- Welcome fair and honest media competition without allowing it to affect adversely our standards of performance and thereby having a “scoop” would not become an end in itself.
- Present the diverse points of view and opinions without bias and partiality.
- Recognise diversity in human societies with all their races, cultures and beliefs and their values and intrinsic individualities so as to present unbiased and faithful reflection of them.
- Acknowledge a mistake when it occurs, promptly correct it and ensure it does not recur.
- Observe transparency in dealing with the shows and its sources while adhering to the internationally established practices concerning the rights of these sources.
- Distinguish between stories, material, opinion and analysis to avoid the snares of speculation and propaganda.
- Stand by colleagues in the profession and give them support when required, particularly in the light of the acts of aggression and harassment to which presentators are subjected at times.